- Friend: So how do you think you've changed since high school?
- Me: Well I became aware of oppressive power structures and how we are complicit in them and now seek to dismantle them.
- Friend: ...
- Me: I also think I got hotter.
- Everyone, please remember how to be aware and critical of oppressive power structures. Also how hot you are.
Okay, Just Kidding.
westerners are obsessed with the idea of happiness as if it’s a constant state of being. happiness comes in moments. you dont “achieve” happiness. you experience it along with every other emotion on the spectrum. if you spend your life chasing this constructed idea of happiness you will never even be remotely content. work on being whole and feeling everything while increasing the happy moments. stop trying to be a “happy person.” just be a person.
1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself."